Voter turnout over 70 percent in South Korea polls
SEOUL (Reuters) - With just an hour to go until polls close at 6 p.m. (9:00 a.m. British time), turnout in South Korea's presidential election was 70.1 percent, data from the National Election Commission showed.
Conservative candidate Park Geun-hye is contesting the vote against left-winger Moon Jae-in and political analysts and pollsters believe that turnout over 75 percent is likely to favour Moon, who is reliant on younger voters turning out en masse.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source