Obama and family to leave for Hawaii on Friday evening - White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama and his family are slated to depart for his native state of Hawaii on Friday evening, the White House said shortly after Obama delivered a statement on the fiscal cliff standoff.
Obama had told reporters "see you next week" at the end of his appearance in the briefing room, but the White House did not specify when the president would return to Washington. The Obama family have traditionally spent their Christmas holidays in Honolulu.
(Reporting By Matt Spetalnick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iraqi forces say retake two towns from Islamic State
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties