Obama and family to leave for Hawaii on Friday evening - White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama and his family are slated to depart for his native state of Hawaii on Friday evening, the White House said shortly after Obama delivered a statement on the fiscal cliff standoff.
Obama had told reporters "see you next week" at the end of his appearance in the briefing room, but the White House did not specify when the president would return to Washington. The Obama family have traditionally spent their Christmas holidays in Honolulu.
(Reporting By Matt Spetalnick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Barclays profits fall as investment bank income sags
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |