Hong Kong shares close up 0.2 pct in half-day trade
HONG KONG Dec 24 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares edged higher in half-day trade on Monday, helped by strength in the Chinese financial sector after state media reported that social security funds had allocated more money for investment.
The Hang Seng Index closed up 0.2 percent at 22,541.2. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong closed up 0.4 percent.
Hong Kong financial markets shut at midday on Monday for the Christmas holiday and will resume trading on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount