Hong Kong shares close up 0.2 pct in half-day trade
HONG KONG Dec 24 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares edged higher in half-day trade on Monday, helped by strength in the Chinese financial sector after state media reported that social security funds had allocated more money for investment.
The Hang Seng Index closed up 0.2 percent at 22,541.2. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong closed up 0.4 percent.
Hong Kong financial markets shut at midday on Monday for the Christmas holiday and will resume trading on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Zimbabwe prove potential with shock win over Australia
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores