Hong Kong shares close up 0.2 pct in half-day trade
HONG KONG Dec 24 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares edged higher in half-day trade on Monday, helped by strength in the Chinese financial sector after state media reported that social security funds had allocated more money for investment.
The Hang Seng Index closed up 0.2 percent at 22,541.2. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong closed up 0.4 percent.
Hong Kong financial markets shut at midday on Monday for the Christmas holiday and will resume trading on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Iran slams U.S. justice verdict on Manhattan skyscraper
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results