US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends shortened session lower
NEW YORK Dec 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed lower in a shortened session on Monday as investors continued to worry that Congress would be unable to reach a deal to avert the "fiscal cliff."
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 51.76 points, or 0.39 percent, at 13,139.08. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 3.49 points, or 0.24 percent, at 1,426.66. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 8.41 points, or 0.28 percent, at 3,012.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Barclays profits fall as investment bank income sags
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Exclusive - China's Xi reached deal with former leaders to investigate ex-security chief: sources |