US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St ends shortened session lower
NEW YORK Dec 24 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks closed lower in a shortened session on Monday as investors continued to worry that Congress would be unable to reach a deal to avert the "fiscal cliff."
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 51.76 points, or 0.39 percent, at 13,139.08. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 3.49 points, or 0.24 percent, at 1,426.66. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 8.41 points, or 0.28 percent, at 3,012.60.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles