Ukraine central banker named first deputy PM
KIEV Dec 24 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich on Monday named Serhiy Arbuzov - who has until now run the central bank - first deputy prime minister in the new government, Yanukovich's office said.
Arbuzov, 36, will take over the No.2 government position from Valery Khoroshkovsky who quit the interim cabinet this month in protest against the re-appointment of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |