Ukraine central banker named first deputy PM
KIEV Dec 24 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich on Monday named Serhiy Arbuzov - who has until now run the central bank - first deputy prime minister in the new government, Yanukovich's office said.
Arbuzov, 36, will take over the No.2 government position from Valery Khoroshkovsky who quit the interim cabinet this month in protest against the re-appointment of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine says EU to be guarantor in any Russia gas deal
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Shell outpaces peers with profit growth, keeps spending
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |