Jessica Simpson's Christmas tweet seems to confirm pregnancy rumour
(Reuters) - U.S. actress, singer and fashion designer Jessica Simpson sent a Christmas Twitter message that apparently confirms media rumours that she is pregnant - showing a photo of her daughter Maxwell with the words "Big Sis" spelled out in sand.
The picture's caption reads "Merry Christmas from my family to yours."
Simpson had her first child, Maxwell Drew Johnson, in May. She has since become a spokeswoman for Weight Watchers.
A representative for Simpson was not immediately available for comment.
Simpson rose to fame as a teen pop star and became a household name after starring in a TV reality show with her then-husband Nick Lachey, a member of the boy band 98 Degrees. The pair divorced after three years of marriage.
She went on to star in the 2005 film version of "The Dukes of Hazzard" and re-invented herself as a country singer in 2008. She currently designs apparel, accessories and other fashion products and is a mentor on the TV contest "Fashion Star."
Simpson's fiancé, Eric Johnson, is a former U.S. professional football player whose career spanned seven seasons for both the San Francisco 49ers and New Orleans Saints.
(Reporting By Mary Wisniewski and Paul Simao)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |