US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St down for 3rd day, retail weak
NEW YORK Dec 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell for a third straight day on Wednesday, dragged lower by retail stocks after a report showed consumers spent less in the holiday shopping season than last year.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 24.49 points, or 0.19 percent, to end unofficially at 13,114.59. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 6.81 points, or 0.48 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,419.85. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 22.44 points, or 0.74 percent, to close unofficially at 2,990.16.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route