US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St down for 3rd day, retail weak
NEW YORK Dec 26 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell for a third straight day on Wednesday, dragged lower by retail stocks after a report showed consumers spent less in the holiday shopping season than last year.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 24.49 points, or 0.19 percent, to end unofficially at 13,114.59. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 6.81 points, or 0.48 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,419.85. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 22.44 points, or 0.74 percent, to close unofficially at 2,990.16.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More Ukrainian soldiers killed, Poroshenko defends peace plan
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- Nonplussed Lampard rewrites his Chelsea story with City goal
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum