Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush in intensive care - spokesman
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Former President George H.W. Bush is in the intensive care unit of a Houston hospital and is in "guarded condition," family spokesman Jim McGrath said Wednesday.
"The President is alert and conversing with medical staff, and is surrounded by family," McGrath said in a statement.
Bush was admitted to the intensive care unit on Sunday, McGrath said.
(Reporting By Corrie MacLaggan; Editing by Paul Thomasch)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |