Hong Kong shares to open up 0.7 pct, Li & Fung jumps
HONG KONG Dec 27 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start at the highest since August 2011 on Thursday, helped by a 2.1 percent rise for exporter Li & Fung as investors return to the market after a 2-1/2 day Christmas holiday.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.7 percent at 22,705.5, its highest intra-day level since Aug. 1, 2011. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start up 0.9 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day