US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow falls more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Dec 27 (Reuters) - The Dow fell 1 percent as stocks added to losses on Thursday. The Nasdaq and S&P 500 earlier declined more than 1 percent, with worries about the U.S. "fiscal cliff" after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid warned the United States appeared poised to head over it.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 143.83 points, or 1.10 percent, at 12,970.76. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 17.60 points, or 1.24 percent, at 1,402.23. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 38.09 points, or 1.27 percent, at 2,952.07.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine base |
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |