Tennis-Nadal to miss Australian Open through illness
MADRID Dec 28 (Reuters) - French Open champion Rafa Nadal has been forced to withdraw from next month's Australian Open due to a stomach virus that has disrupted his recovery from a knee injury, the world number four said on Friday.
"My knee is much better and the rehabilitation process has gone well as predicted by the doctors, but this virus didn't allow me to practise this past week," the Spaniard said in a statement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients