US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St trims gains, Obama says deal not done
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks trimmed gains on Monday as President Barack Obama said an agreement to prevent tax increases from beginning on New Year's day is in sight, but the deal is not done.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 25.80 points, or 0.20 percent, at 12,963.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 7.79 points, or 0.56 percent, at 1,410.22. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 28.31 points, or 0.96 percent, at 2,988.62.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- U.S judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine