US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St trims gains, Obama says deal not done
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks trimmed gains on Monday as President Barack Obama said an agreement to prevent tax increases from beginning on New Year's day is in sight, but the deal is not done.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 25.80 points, or 0.20 percent, at 12,963.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 7.79 points, or 0.56 percent, at 1,410.22. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 28.31 points, or 0.96 percent, at 2,988.62.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll