US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St trims gains, Obama says deal not done
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks trimmed gains on Monday as President Barack Obama said an agreement to prevent tax increases from beginning on New Year's day is in sight, but the deal is not done.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 25.80 points, or 0.20 percent, at 12,963.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 7.79 points, or 0.56 percent, at 1,410.22. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 28.31 points, or 0.96 percent, at 2,988.62.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study