US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St trims gains, Obama says deal not done
NEW YORK Dec 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks trimmed gains on Monday as President Barack Obama said an agreement to prevent tax increases from beginning on New Year's day is in sight, but the deal is not done.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 25.80 points, or 0.20 percent, at 12,963.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 7.79 points, or 0.56 percent, at 1,410.22. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 28.31 points, or 0.96 percent, at 2,988.62.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles