U.S. Republican Senator Kyl cites progress in fiscal cliff talks
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Jon Kyl on Monday said a "lot of progress" has been made in talks to avert the "fiscal cliff" but he cautioned that it is unclear if the progress will spur legislation the Senate can vote on before a midnight EST/0500 GMT deadline when taxes and spending cuts kick-in.
"There is no agreement yet," Kyl said. "Conversations are still ongoing. There has been a lot of progress."
Asked how long talks could go on, Kyl said: 'I guess until 11:59."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |