U.S. Republican Senator Kyl cites progress in fiscal cliff talks
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Jon Kyl on Monday said a "lot of progress" has been made in talks to avert the "fiscal cliff" but he cautioned that it is unclear if the progress will spur legislation the Senate can vote on before a midnight EST/0500 GMT deadline when taxes and spending cuts kick-in.
"There is no agreement yet," Kyl said. "Conversations are still ongoing. There has been a lot of progress."
Asked how long talks could go on, Kyl said: 'I guess until 11:59."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
- Somali Islamists execute 28 non-Muslims on Kenyan bus |
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers