Spreadbetters see Europe stocks up on U.S. deal
PARIS Jan 2 (Reuters) - Financial spreadbetters expect Europe's main stock indexes to rally on Wednesday after U.S. lawmakers approved a deal preventing massive tax hikes and spending cuts.
Spreadbetters expect London's FTSE 100 to open around 57 points higher, or up 1 percent, Frankfurt's DAX to open 35 points higher, or up 0.5 percent, and Paris' CAC 40 to open 44 points higher, or up 1.2 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal Thursday - officials
- St James's Place outperforms as FTSE stages late rally
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |
- Shell outpaces peers with profit growth, keeps spending