Europe stock index futures signal rally on US deal
PARIS Jan 2 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a rally on Wednesday after U.S. lawmakers approved a deal preventing massive tax hikes and spending cuts that threatened to drag the economy into recession.
At 0702 GMT, futures for Euro STOXX 50, for Germany's DAX and for France's CAC were up 1.8-2.4 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes - coastguard
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armoured vehicles |
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Unemployment plunges to five-year low, pay grows
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |