- U.S. celebrity chef explains use of racial epithet in deposition
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Italian designers Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- Warburton leads eight Welsh Lions in first test
Euro STOXX 50 volatility index drops 14 pct
PARIS Jan 2 (Reuters) - The Euro STOXX 50 Volatility Index , or VSTOXX, Europe's widely used measure of stock market risk aversion, dropped 14 percent on Wednesday after a budget deal by U.S. lawmakers buoyed investor sentiment.
The VSTOXX - which is used to measure the cost of protecting stock holdings against corrections - tumbled to 18.45, reversing most of a Dec. 28 surge that had been fuelled by fears a deal would not be struck.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this