US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street extends gains, Dow up 2 pct
NEW YORK Jan 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their gains on Wednesday, with the Dow up 2 percent, after lawmakers agreed a deal to avoid massive tax hikes and spending cuts that had threatened to hurt economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 262.45 points, or 2.00 percent, at 13,366.59. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 29.79 points, or 2.09 percent, at 1,455.98. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 77.45 points, or 2.57 percent, at 3,096.97.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine