US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street extends gains, Dow up 2 pct
NEW YORK Jan 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their gains on Wednesday, with the Dow up 2 percent, after lawmakers agreed a deal to avoid massive tax hikes and spending cuts that had threatened to hurt economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 262.45 points, or 2.00 percent, at 13,366.59. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 29.79 points, or 2.09 percent, at 1,455.98. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 77.45 points, or 2.57 percent, at 3,096.97.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter |
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Angry relatives clash with police as Korea recovers more dead from ferry |