US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street extends gains, Dow up 2 pct
NEW YORK Jan 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended their gains on Wednesday, with the Dow up 2 percent, after lawmakers agreed a deal to avoid massive tax hikes and spending cuts that had threatened to hurt economic growth.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 262.45 points, or 2.00 percent, at 13,366.59. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 29.79 points, or 2.09 percent, at 1,455.98. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 77.45 points, or 2.57 percent, at 3,096.97.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing