Europe benchmark index extends gains after US jobs
PARIS Jan 3 (Reuters) - A leading pan-Europe share index increased its gains on Thursday after data showed U.S. private-sector employers added 215,000 jobs in December, well above economists' expectations.
At 1324 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.24 percent at 1,160.19 points.
Around Europe, UK's FTSE 100 index was up 0.2 percent, Germany's DAX index down 0.3 percent, and France's CAC 40 down 0.5 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Traveller from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S.
- Lufthansa pilots' 15-hour strike affects 9,000 travellers
- UPDATE 4-Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'