Hutchison Whampoa closes acquisition of Orange Austria
VIENNA (Reuters) - Hutchison Whampoa Ltd has completed its 1.3 billion euro ($1.7 billion) acquisition of Orange Austria to make it Austria's third-biggest mobile operator, it said on Thursday.
Its purchase from Mid Europa Partners and France Telecom-Orange followed extensive negotiations that finally won European Union and Austrian regulatory approval last month.
($1 = 0.7553 euro)
(Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea says leader Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle executed
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC