European shares track U.S. stocks lower
PARIS Jan 8 (Reuters) - European shares surrendered their gains on Tuesday afternoon and turned slightly negative, tracking losses on Wall Street as investors braced for sluggish results from companies in the upcoming quarterly earnings season.
At 1545 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was down 0.1 percent at 1,160.94 points, drifting lower along with U.S. indexes.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |