Hong Kong shares to open up 0.2 pct, Sinopec rises
HONG KONG Jan 9 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start higher on Wednesday, helped by a nearly 2 percent rise for Chinese oil giant China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (Sinopec) .
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.2 percent at 23,154.7. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start up 0.4 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted
- African girls to sue British Airways over alleged abuse by pilot