US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends with slim gains on Alcoa results
NEW YORK Jan 9 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, as the first group of earnings reports started to trickle in. While Alcoa Inc gave a bullish demand outlook, the results didn't give a clear direction of how well corporations did during the fourth quarter.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 61.97 points, or 0.46 percent, at 13,390.82. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.84 points, or 0.26 percent, at 1,460.99. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 14.00 points, or 0.45 percent, at 3,105.81.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry - father |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again |
- Putin risks upstaging talks on defusing Ukraine crisis |
- Man City title hopes in tatters after Sunderland draw
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official