Punch Taverns puts 65 pubs for sale as part of restructuring-spokesman
(Reuters) - Punch Taverns Plc (PUB.L) has put 65 pubs on the market for sale as part of its longer-term non-core estate disposal programme, a company spokesman said.
The sale, which will be carried out by property agent Christie+Co, is part of its target to sell about 400 non-core pubs this fiscal year ending August 2013.
Like many British pub companies, Punch was hit hard by the country's double-dip recession and is trying to cut 2.1 billion pounds of debt built up before the economic downturn.
Punch Taverns' shares were trading down more than four percent at 10.93 pence at 0958 GMT on the London Stock Exchange on Wednesday. They have risen 15 percent in the past year.
(Reporting By Shilpa Hinduja in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Germany: Russia sanctions, Ukraine probably contributed to Q2 contraction
- EBay considering PayPal spinoff - report
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |