Punch Taverns puts 65 pubs for sale as part of restructuring-spokesman
(Reuters) - Punch Taverns Plc (PUB.L) has put 65 pubs on the market for sale as part of its longer-term non-core estate disposal programme, a company spokesman said.
The sale, which will be carried out by property agent Christie+Co, is part of its target to sell about 400 non-core pubs this fiscal year ending August 2013.
Like many British pub companies, Punch was hit hard by the country's double-dip recession and is trying to cut 2.1 billion pounds of debt built up before the economic downturn.
Punch Taverns' shares were trading down more than four percent at 10.93 pence at 0958 GMT on the London Stock Exchange on Wednesday. They have risen 15 percent in the past year.
(Reporting By Shilpa Hinduja in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |