Japan's Nikkei climbs, exporters gain on weaker yen
TOKYO, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average rose on Thursday as renewed weakness in the yen bolstered shares of exporters, while strong export data from China also helped to lift investor sentiment. The Nikkei climbed 0.7 percent to 10,652.64, while the broader Topix gained 1.1 percent to 889.02.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Zimbabwe prove potential with shock win over Australia
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine