US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street climbs at open on China data
NEW YORK Jan 10 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks advanced at the open on Thursday as stronger-than-expected exports in China, the world's second-biggest economy, raised hopes for a more robust recovery in the global economy this year.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 51.22 points, or 0.38 percent, to 13,441.73. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index climbed 8.01 points, or 0.55 percent, to 1,469.03. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 21.80 points, or 0.70 percent, to 3,127.61.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Blind joins while Manchester United wait on Falcao
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores