GM says Opel not up for sale
EISENACH, Germany (Reuters) - General Motors Co's (GM.N) European division Opel is not up for sale, Steve Girsky, vice chairman of the U.S. car maker, said on Thursday.
Parent GM will continue to invest in Ruesselsheim-based Opel, Girsky, who is also head of Opel's supervisory board, said at an event at the company's Eisenach, Germany-based plant.
(Reporting by Peter Maushagen; Writing by Andreas Cremer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Air traffic computer fault hits flights from England
- Jailed Islamist women to go free, Egyptian court rules |
- Nobel economics winner Fama says risk of global recession in 2014
- Syrian Islamists seize Western-backed rebel bases -monitoring group