GM says Opel not up for sale
EISENACH, Germany (Reuters) - General Motors Co's (GM.N) European division Opel is not up for sale, Steve Girsky, vice chairman of the U.S. car maker, said on Thursday.
Parent GM will continue to invest in Ruesselsheim-based Opel, Girsky, who is also head of Opel's supervisory board, said at an event at the company's Eisenach, Germany-based plant.
(Reporting by Peter Maushagen; Writing by Andreas Cremer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Analysis - Market calm over Scottish vote at odds with disaster warnings
- As many as 700 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- UK earnings edge up, unemployment falls more than expected
- Gerrard lights up Anfield with last-gasp Liverpool winner