European shares briefly dip as Tullow drops
LONDON Jan 11 (Reuters) - European shares briefly turned negative on Friday, led down by energy group Tullow Oil, but they remained within sight of two-year highs.
Shares in Tullow fell 4.4 percent in brisk volume as the group's production figures for 2012 narrowly missed investor estimates.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was unchanged at 1,164.49 points at 0853 GMT, consolidating gains after hitting 1,170.29 points in the previous session, a level not seen since March 2011.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port