US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after Wells Fargo results
NEW YORK Jan 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Friday, a day after the benchmark S&P 500 index closed at a five-year high, as record earnings from Wells Fargo failed to inspire further buying.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 14.16 points, or 0.11 percent, to 13,457.06. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 0.51 points, or 0.03 percent, to 1,471.61. The Nasdaq Composite Index dipped 1.05 points, or 0.03 percent, to 3,120.71.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco cuts profit outlook again and suspends staff after accounting error
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nonplussed Lampard rewrites his Chelsea story with City goal
- Siemens agrees to $7.6 billion deal to buy Dresser-Rand
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum