US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after Wells Fargo results
NEW YORK Jan 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Friday, a day after the benchmark S&P 500 index closed at a five-year high, as record earnings from Wells Fargo failed to inspire further buying.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 14.16 points, or 0.11 percent, to 13,457.06. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 0.51 points, or 0.03 percent, to 1,471.61. The Nasdaq Composite Index dipped 1.05 points, or 0.03 percent, to 3,120.71.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll