US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after Wells Fargo results
NEW YORK Jan 11 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Friday, a day after the benchmark S&P 500 index closed at a five-year high, as record earnings from Wells Fargo failed to inspire further buying.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 14.16 points, or 0.11 percent, to 13,457.06. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index shed 0.51 points, or 0.03 percent, to 1,471.61. The Nasdaq Composite Index dipped 1.05 points, or 0.03 percent, to 3,120.71.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route