Obama to wait for US troop recommendations for Afghanistan
WASHINGTON Jan 11 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Friday he would wait for recommendations from U.S. military commanders in coming weeks before making decisions on whether to accelerate U.S. troop drawdowns in Afghanistan.
Obama, standing next to Afghan President Hamid Karzai at a news conference, said what a transition to a more supporting role in Afghanistan in the spring would mean for a reduction in U.S. forces "isn't yet fully determined."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- 'Warp speed' risk for UK house prices but hiking rates off radar
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Ukraine president digs in heels over Russia ties despite protests |