Galliani wants a younger and more Italian Milan
(Reuters) - AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani wants to create a younger side boasting more Italians, meaning Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba is unlikely to arrive.
"We want a younger, more Italian Milan," he told reporters on Friday.
"I really liked the end of the match in Turin (the 2-1 defeat at Juventus in the Italian Cup on Wednesday) where we had all of our young attackers on the pitch.
"I don't think there will be any big signings," Galliani added amid speculation former Chelsea striker Drogba would be signing for Milan or Juve from Shanghai Shenhua.
"I don't really believe that Drogba will come to Italy."
(Reporting by Terry Daley; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland