UK's Moss Bros expects results ahead of estimates
Jan 14 (Reuters) - British menswear retailer Moss Bros Group Plc said it expected full-year results to exceed market expectations, helped by sales during the Christmas period.
The company said like-for-like sales during the 24 weeks to Jan. 12 rose 2.7 percent.
The suit specialist, which is engaged in the retail sale and hire of clothing through its Moss Bros Hire, Moss Bespoke, Moss Bros and Savoy Taylors Guild brands, said close control over discounting and cost-control measures would also help it exceed market expectations for the year ending Jan. 28.
Share in the company were up about 4 percent at 70 pence at 0810 GMT on the London Stock Exchange on Monday.
Moss Bros, which was set up in 1851, will report its full-year results on March 22.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results