Italy court rejects Berlusconi bid to suspend sex trial
MILAN (Reuters) - A court in Milan on Monday rejected a request by Silvio Berlusconi's lawyers that the former Italian prime minister's trial for paying for sex with a juvenile prostitute be suspended until after national elections on February 24-25.
The 76 year-old media billionaire's legal team had argued that his position as leader of a centre-right coalition fighting the election constituted a legitimate impediment to his appearing in court.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report |
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |