Italy court rejects Berlusconi bid to suspend sex trial
MILAN (Reuters) - A court in Milan on Monday rejected a request by Silvio Berlusconi's lawyers that the former Italian prime minister's trial for paying for sex with a juvenile prostitute be suspended until after national elections on February 24-25.
The 76 year-old media billionaire's legal team had argued that his position as leader of a centre-right coalition fighting the election constituted a legitimate impediment to his appearing in court.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Special Report - Thailand secretly dumps Myanmar refugees into trafficking rings
- Osborne to declare austerity push is paying off |
- Exclusive: Son of former Chinese security chief helping with graft probe - sources
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry