Italy court rejects Berlusconi bid to suspend sex trial
MILAN (Reuters) - A court in Milan on Monday rejected a request by Silvio Berlusconi's lawyers that the former Italian prime minister's trial for paying for sex with a juvenile prostitute be suspended until after national elections on February 24-25.
The 76 year-old media billionaire's legal team had argued that his position as leader of a centre-right coalition fighting the election constituted a legitimate impediment to his appearing in court.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- U.S. says Russian-directed counteroffensive in Ukraine cities likely underway
- Ukraine seizes another Russian soldier in east of country - Interfax