Hong Kong shares to open 0.1 pct down, China Taiping up
HONG KONG Jan 15 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start slightly lower on Tuesday, with the market taking a breather after its recent strong showing with property stocks taking the lead.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open down 0.11 percent at 23,388.47. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to open 0.19 percent lower.
Shares of China Taiping Insurance Holdings Co Ltd rose 4.6 percent after the China's fifth-biggest mainland insurer by market capitalisation said it was considering acquiring an additional 25 percent stake in Taiping Life Insurance from its parent company.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK house prices fall for first time in 17 months - Nationwide
- UK economy picks up in second quarter, recovery pace revised higher
- Analysis - Ukraine leader clings to European goal despite Putin
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla