Hong Kong shares to open 0.1 pct down, China Taiping up
HONG KONG Jan 15 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start slightly lower on Tuesday, with the market taking a breather after its recent strong showing with property stocks taking the lead.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open down 0.11 percent at 23,388.47. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to open 0.19 percent lower.
Shares of China Taiping Insurance Holdings Co Ltd rose 4.6 percent after the China's fifth-biggest mainland insurer by market capitalisation said it was considering acquiring an additional 25 percent stake in Taiping Life Insurance from its parent company.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland