US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow, S&P 500 tick up on data; Apple weighs
NEW YORK Jan 15 (Reuters) - The Dow Jones and S&P 500 indexes edged higher on Tuesday after stronger-than-expected retail data, though tech heavyweight Apple dragged on the market for a third day.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 27.18 points or 0.2 percent, to 13,534.5, the S&P 500 gained 1.63 points or 0.11 percent, to 1,472.31 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 6.72 points or 0.22 percent, to 3,110.78.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Heritage Classic scores
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- West African Ebola outbreak caused by new strain of disease: study