US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow, S&P 500 tick up on data; Apple weighs
NEW YORK Jan 15 (Reuters) - The Dow Jones and S&P 500 indexes edged higher on Tuesday after stronger-than-expected retail data, though tech heavyweight Apple dragged on the market for a third day.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 27.18 points or 0.2 percent, to 13,534.5, the S&P 500 gained 1.63 points or 0.11 percent, to 1,472.31 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 6.72 points or 0.22 percent, to 3,110.78.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Ukraine forms new defence force, seeks Western help |