US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow, S&P 500 tick up on data; Apple weighs
NEW YORK Jan 15 (Reuters) - The Dow Jones and S&P 500 indexes edged higher on Tuesday after stronger-than-expected retail data, though tech heavyweight Apple dragged on the market for a third day.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 27.18 points or 0.2 percent, to 13,534.5, the S&P 500 gained 1.63 points or 0.11 percent, to 1,472.31 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 6.72 points or 0.22 percent, to 3,110.78.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Argentine markets fall post-default, New York hearing on Friday
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Iraqi Kurds, battling Islamist threat, press Washington for arms
- Heavy shelling, clashes spread in Libya's Tripoli