US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens lower on debt limit concern
NEW YORK Jan 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened lower on Tuesday as investors fretted over the debate brewing in Washington over raising the U.S. borrowing limit as well as what is expected to be a lackluster earnings season.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 54.83 points, or 0.41 percent, to 13,452.49. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 5.26 points, or 0.36 percent, to 1,465.42. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 15.85 points, or 0.51 percent, to 3,101.68.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results