US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St opens lower on debt limit concern
NEW YORK Jan 15 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened lower on Tuesday as investors fretted over the debate brewing in Washington over raising the U.S. borrowing limit as well as what is expected to be a lackluster earnings season.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 54.83 points, or 0.41 percent, to 13,452.49. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 5.26 points, or 0.36 percent, to 1,465.42. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 15.85 points, or 0.51 percent, to 3,101.68.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll