H&M comparable sales down 2 percent in December
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Hennes & Mauritz (HMb.ST), the world's second-biggest fashion retailer, posted on Tuesday a smaller-than expected 2 percent drop in December sales at stores open a year or more.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 4 percent like-for-like sales drop.
Total sales in December, the first month of the Swedish budget apparel firm's fiscal year, were up 8 percent from a year earlier in local currencies, beating a forecast for a 5 percent increase.
(Reporting by Anna Ringstrom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- 'Complacent' NATO unprepared for Russian threat - MPs