H&M comparable sales down 2 percent in December
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Hennes & Mauritz (HMb.ST), the world's second-biggest fashion retailer, posted on Tuesday a smaller-than expected 2 percent drop in December sales at stores open a year or more.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 4 percent like-for-like sales drop.
Total sales in December, the first month of the Swedish budget apparel firm's fiscal year, were up 8 percent from a year earlier in local currencies, beating a forecast for a 5 percent increase.
(Reporting by Anna Ringstrom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study