H&M comparable sales down 2 percent in December
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Hennes & Mauritz (HMb.ST), the world's second-biggest fashion retailer, posted on Tuesday a smaller-than expected 2 percent drop in December sales at stores open a year or more.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 4 percent like-for-like sales drop.
Total sales in December, the first month of the Swedish budget apparel firm's fiscal year, were up 8 percent from a year earlier in local currencies, beating a forecast for a 5 percent increase.
(Reporting by Anna Ringstrom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB targets bundled-debt market to boost economy
- Myanmar worker admits to British murders in Thailand - police
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down