Indian PM: "no business as usual" with Pakistan after Kashmir clash
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Tuesday there could be no business as usual with Pakistan after a clash last week along the line dividing the arch-rivals in Kashmir in which two Indian soldiers were killed and their bodies mutilated.
"After this barbaric act there cannot be business as usual," a senior official in Singh's office quoted him as saying at a military event.
(Reporting By Satarupa Bhattacharjya; Editing by John Chalmers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests