Hong Kong shares to open flat, local property sector climbs
HONG KONG Jan 16 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start flat on Wednesday, with strength in local property stocks ahead of an annual policy address by the territory's chief executive offsetting weakness in Chinese insurance and property sectors.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open steady at 23,390.2. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start down 0.3 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- Cameron narrows Labour lead, ahead on economy