Algeria rules out negotiating with hostage-takers
ALGIERS (Reuters) - Algeria ruled out negotiating with Islamists who took dozens of hostages on Wednesday at a gas facility in the southern desert.
"The Algerian authorities will not respond to the demands of the terrorists and will not negotiate," Interior Minister Daho Ould Kablia was quoted as saying by official news agency APS.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |