India to decide on Dreamliner grounding after Boeing report
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's airline regulator will decide on whether or not to ground national carrier Air India's Boeing Co Dreamliner jets after the U.S. company submits a report on the aircraft's safety, the regulator's head said on Wednesday.
Boeing is expected to submit a report on the Dreamliner by the end of Wednesday, Arun Mishra, Director General of Civil Aviation told reporters, after a series of incidents heightened safety concerns over the plane.
The Indian regulator has formed a team to work with Boeing to judge the safety of the aircraft, Mishra added.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry - coastguard |