India to decide on Dreamliner grounding after Boeing report
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's airline regulator will decide on whether or not to ground national carrier Air India's Boeing Co Dreamliner jets after the U.S. company submits a report on the aircraft's safety, the regulator's head said on Wednesday.
Boeing is expected to submit a report on the Dreamliner by the end of Wednesday, Arun Mishra, Director General of Civil Aviation told reporters, after a series of incidents heightened safety concerns over the plane.
The Indian regulator has formed a team to work with Boeing to judge the safety of the aircraft, Mishra added.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks