India to decide on Dreamliner grounding after Boeing report
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's airline regulator will decide on whether or not to ground national carrier Air India's Boeing Co Dreamliner jets after the U.S. company submits a report on the aircraft's safety, the regulator's head said on Wednesday.
Boeing is expected to submit a report on the Dreamliner by the end of Wednesday, Arun Mishra, Director General of Civil Aviation told reporters, after a series of incidents heightened safety concerns over the plane.
The Indian regulator has formed a team to work with Boeing to judge the safety of the aircraft, Mishra added.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters
- EU's Barroso to Britain - Don't alienate your friends in Europe
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions |
- Tesco accounting probe finds 'inappropriate behaviour' by staff - reports
- HSBC fall weighs on FTSE as rebound loses steam