IMF approves 838.8 million euro tranche to Portugal
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday agreed to disburse the next loan tranche of 838.8 million euros (696.5 million pounds) to Portugal under the country's 78 billion euro international bailout.
The country's lender, including the IMF, European Union and European Central Bank, agreed in September to give Lisbon more time to meet the deficit targets under the rescue loan after austerity affected tax revenues that had been supposed to rise.
Despite the shortfall, the lenders have praised Portugal's efforts to implement tough spending cuts and raise taxes.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production