Syria, Iran agree $1 billion credit facility - Syrian TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria and Iran have agreed a $1 billion credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development Bank of Iran, Syrian state television reported on Wednesday.
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was in Iran on Wednesday, meeting officials.
(Reporting by Oliver Holmes; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- As Ukraine crisis deepens, Russia's neighbours boost defences
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people