Syria, Iran agree $1 billion credit facility - Syrian TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria and Iran have agreed a $1 billion credit facility between Commercial Bank of Syria and Export Development Bank of Iran, Syrian state television reported on Wednesday.
It also said the two countries had reached agreements on energy transmission and electricity equipment.
Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was in Iran on Wednesday, meeting officials.
(Reporting by Oliver Holmes; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Hedging their bets, Ukraine's oligarchs sit above the fray
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- UK house prices rise at fastest rate in six years - Halifax
- Standard Chartered says private bank client statements stolen in Singapore