Europe shares rise on gains in retail, health stocks
LONDON Jan 17 (Reuters) - European shares pared back earlier losses to trade in positive territory on Thursday, boosted by gains at French supermarket retailer Carrefour and at healthcare stocks.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index, which had spent much of the morning session in negative territory, was up by 0.2 percent to 1,161.96 points by around midday.
French group Carrefour added some of the most points to the FTSEurofirst 300 index as it rose 8.1 percent after posting fourth-quarter sales figures.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route