Japan's Nikkei recovers slightly after sharp fall
TOKYO, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rebounded at Thursday's open after suffering its biggest drop in eight months on Wednesday, with oversold stocks being sought after and financials given an extra boost by better-than-expected earnings from U.S. counterparts. The Nikkei rose 0.7 percent to 10,673.38 while the broader Topix was also 0.7 percent higher at 894.27.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day