US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures add to gains after housing, claims data
NEW YORK Jan 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures added to gains after data showed initial jobless claims fell to a five-year low last week and housing starts climbed to their highest rate since June 2008.
S&P 500 futures rose 6.3 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 8 points and Nasdaq 100 futures gained 12.25 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |