US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures add to gains after housing, claims data
NEW YORK Jan 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures added to gains after data showed initial jobless claims fell to a five-year low last week and housing starts climbed to their highest rate since June 2008.
S&P 500 futures rose 6.3 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 8 points and Nasdaq 100 futures gained 12.25 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing