US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures add to gains after housing, claims data
NEW YORK Jan 17 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures added to gains after data showed initial jobless claims fell to a five-year low last week and housing starts climbed to their highest rate since June 2008.
S&P 500 futures rose 6.3 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 8 points and Nasdaq 100 futures gained 12.25 points.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study