Irishman held hostage in Algeria freed - Irish government
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman who was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria has been freed and is safe, Ireland's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
"He has been in touch with his family. We understand that he is safe and well. He is no longer a hostage," a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry told Reuters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens |
- AstraZeneca, Shire dive as U.S. tax move punctures deal hopes
- Tesco parachutes in new finance boss to fix accounting scandal