Irishman held hostage in Algeria freed - Irish government
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman who was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria has been freed and is safe, Ireland's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
"He has been in touch with his family. We understand that he is safe and well. He is no longer a hostage," a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry told Reuters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Blind joins while Manchester United wait on Falcao
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores