Irishman held hostage in Algeria freed - Irish government
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman who was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria has been freed and is safe, Ireland's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
"He has been in touch with his family. We understand that he is safe and well. He is no longer a hostage," a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry told Reuters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official