- Church must help the poorest, not dissect theology, pope says
- Cameron 'losing control' as rift with party core widens
- British man in France admits slitting his two children's throats
- Beckham tears and Ibrahimovic joy as PSG triumph
- Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan
Irishman held hostage in Algeria freed - Irish government
DUBLIN (Reuters) - An Irishman who was among a group of gas workers kidnapped in Algeria has been freed and is safe, Ireland's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
"He has been in touch with his family. We understand that he is safe and well. He is no longer a hostage," a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry told Reuters.
(Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this