Hong Kong shares to open up 0.7 pct ahead of China data
HONG KONG Jan 18 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start higher on Friday, with Chinese banks among the major influences on benchmark indexes ahead of a slew of China data that should buttress expectations of a recovery in the world's second-largest economy.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.7 percent at 23,509.5. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start up 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland