Hong Kong shares to open up 0.7 pct ahead of China data
HONG KONG Jan 18 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start higher on Friday, with Chinese banks among the major influences on benchmark indexes ahead of a slew of China data that should buttress expectations of a recovery in the world's second-largest economy.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.7 percent at 23,509.5. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start up 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Pistorius shoves race, crime and punishment in South Africa's face
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients