Hong Kong shares to open up 0.7 pct ahead of China data
HONG KONG Jan 18 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start higher on Friday, with Chinese banks among the major influences on benchmark indexes ahead of a slew of China data that should buttress expectations of a recovery in the world's second-largest economy.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.7 percent at 23,509.5. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start up 1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |