Cricket-Miller replaces de Villiers in ODI squad
CAPE TOWN Jan 20 (Reuters) - Left-handed batsman David Miller has been named in the South African one-day squad for the second and third games of their series against New Zealand following the suspension of captain AB de Villiers.
De Villiers was suspended for two games by ICC match referee David Boon for maintaining a slow over-rate during the first match which New Zealand won by one wicket.
Miller, 23, has won 16 one-day caps since making his debut in 2010.
Twenty20 captain Faf du Plessis will captain the team after vice-captain Hashim Amla asked not to be considered for the captaincy in order to concentrate on his batting. (Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength