Explosive device at shopping mall near Athens injures two
ATHENS Jan 20 (Reuters) - An explosive device went off on Sunday at a shopping centre near Athens causing damage and lightly injuring two security employees, police said.
"The device was placed in a garbage bin near a branch of National Bank. There were two warning calls to a newspaper about half an hour before the explosion but police thought it was a hoax," a police official who declined to be named told Reuters.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone