Explosive device at shopping mall near Athens injures two
ATHENS Jan 20 (Reuters) - An explosive device went off on Sunday at a shopping centre near Athens causing damage and lightly injuring two security employees, police said.
"The device was placed in a garbage bin near a branch of National Bank. There were two warning calls to a newspaper about half an hour before the explosion but police thought it was a hoax," a police official who declined to be named told Reuters.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests