Explosive device at shopping mall near Athens injures two
ATHENS Jan 20 (Reuters) - An explosive device went off on Sunday at a shopping centre near Athens causing damage and lightly injuring two security employees, police said.
"The device was placed in a garbage bin near a branch of National Bank. There were two warning calls to a newspaper about half an hour before the explosion but police thought it was a hoax," a police official who declined to be named told Reuters.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school - Health Ministry |