Explosive device at shopping mall near Athens injures two
ATHENS Jan 20 (Reuters) - An explosive device went off on Sunday at a shopping centre near Athens causing damage and lightly injuring two security employees, police said.
"The device was placed in a garbage bin near a branch of National Bank. There were two warning calls to a newspaper about half an hour before the explosion but police thought it was a hoax," a police official who declined to be named told Reuters.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results