European stock index futures signal slightly higher start
LONDON Jan 21 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Monday as a political attempt to break a U.S. budget impasse revived appetite for shares, although buying momentum was subdued as a key index hovered just below 18-month highs.
At 0701 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 and France's CAC were up 0.3 percent, while contracts on Germany's DAX were up 0.1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone