European stock index futures signal slightly higher start
LONDON Jan 21 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Monday as a political attempt to break a U.S. budget impasse revived appetite for shares, although buying momentum was subdued as a key index hovered just below 18-month highs.
At 0701 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 and France's CAC were up 0.3 percent, while contracts on Germany's DAX were up 0.1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Quindell's adjusted pretax profit nearly triples