European stock index futures signal slightly higher start
LONDON Jan 21 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Monday as a political attempt to break a U.S. budget impasse revived appetite for shares, although buying momentum was subdued as a key index hovered just below 18-month highs.
At 0701 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 and France's CAC were up 0.3 percent, while contracts on Germany's DAX were up 0.1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Serbian fan killed in Istanbul Euroleague violence – consul
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- Conservatives, states set to launch legal blitz against Obama over immigration