European stock index futures signal slightly higher start
LONDON Jan 21 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Monday as a political attempt to break a U.S. budget impasse revived appetite for shares, although buying momentum was subdued as a key index hovered just below 18-month highs.
At 0701 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 and France's CAC were up 0.3 percent, while contracts on Germany's DAX were up 0.1 percent.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Analysis - Watch what markets don't do as world politics turns nasty